Chapter 2: The Fates and Our Female Destiny
Continuing on our journey of remembering and reclamation, Chaper 2: The Fates & Our Female Destiny, reminds us that in our essential nature, free of the stories that silence and sequester us, we are tribal and joyful, fierce and unrelenting. We are conduits for, and warriors-in-service-to, the ever-unfolding, vast and beautiful expression of Life that is this Earth and all its beings. In Episode 2 we are called to feel the instinct to protect what is most dear to us, as if all Life depended upon it. Because it most assuredly does.
Tell five women about the OneWoman Movement and OneWoman Radio. We will succeed if enough of us wake up and stand together. Together, we can accomplish the unimaginable.
- Join us for these free monthly calls, ‘Reweaving Women’s Community’ designed to support you to create and sustain a vibrant woman’s group.
- Begin to read about our silenced and stolen women’s history and the rich mythology and stories of our heritage (see the Bibliography & Resources section).
- Engage in ancestral lineage healing work to heal your family lines and cultivate relationships with your well ancestors, remembering the unique wisdom and blessings nested in your blood and bones – wisdom and blessings the world requires for its wellness.
- This is the most subversive Action Step. But it could easily be misunderstood. This is not mediation as we have been taught to meditate. This is deep listening. Set aside 15 minutes in your day to be quiet, inviting awareness of, and permission for, your authentic emotional, soulful experience; listen to your deeper thoughts and connect with the wild world around and within you. This is essential, as unspecific as it may sound. If we cannot quiet ourselves – slipping beneath the cultural noise with its erroneous, deadening narratives – we will not rekindle the wisdom ways that are the antidote to our current human dilemma.
Bibliography & Resources:
- Max Dashu’s Suppressed Histories Archive at www.suppressedhistories.net
- Dashu, M, Witches And Pagans, Veleda Press, 2016
- Griffin, S, The Roaring Inside Her, Sierra Club Books, 1978
- Atwood, M Strawberries, an essay
- Walker, B, The Women’s Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets, Harper Collins, 1983
- Walker, B, The Women’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects, Harper Collins
Gratitude & Appreciation:
The deepest gratitude and appreciation go to the ancestors, to the ancient ones, the blood and bone ancestors and the Earth ancestors of place, of person, the ones who are the keepers of the true stories, the beauty and possibility that human culture has largely forgotten; the ones who have never stopped loving or believing in us. May we awaken, remember and return to the central fire of our responsibility to cherish and tend all Life.
OneWoman Radio Show Production Credits:
Narration written and spoken by Christiane Pelmas
Musical score composed, engineered and mastered by Henry Giebler
All logos, artwork, layout and technology by Alyssa Morin (Alyssa.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grandmother illustration for OneWoman by Kelly Green Porterfield of www.KellyGreenGallery.com
OneWomanRadio Theme Song Credits:
Composed by Henry Giebler
Ancestral Chant created and sung by Angela Blueskies, www.AngelaBlueskies.com
Opening Invocation channeled and spoken by the Reverend Teri D. Ciacchi, www.LivingLoveRevolution.com
Spoken word vocals contributed by:
Kai Ping Wu